The development and social services of the church were led by her development department which was established from her institutionalization as a national church. In the year 2000, the EECMY development department was organized into Development and Social Services Commission (EECMY-DASSC) and registered as a legal church-based development agency in line with the government policy. In November 2009 EECMY-DASSC received its license as Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization from the newly established government agency for Charities and Societies for three years. Over the years, the development work of EECMY-DASSC has gained long
EECMY-DASSC has longstanding and reliable partnerships with different national and international organizations which have been providing major financial and expertise support to all sectors of services of the commission.
Well established church structures in most regions of the country have provided leverage to EECMY-DASSC to become familiar with specific geographical, social and cultural circumstances of communities and localities and serve their priority needs. EECMY-DASSC Church Units Branch Offices (EECMY-DASSC CU BOs) and projects located in the synods have facilitated the work of the commission to reach the most needy and vulnerable communities.
EECMY-DASSC has strong network with other actors and has secured firm acceptance by local, regional and federal government bodies and collaborative relationships are being progressively strengthened. Development interventions initiated by communities and supported by EECMY-DASSC are often complementing government led development efforts and contribute to realization of the poverty reduction aims and national development policy targets.
EECMY-DASSC envisions a reconciled, just and prosperous Society.
- A society reconciled with itself, the natural environment and the creator
- A society with justice reigns, human dignity and secured peaceful coexistence for all with removed sources of violence to humans and the creation as a whole
- A society fully engaged in the fight against sources of poverty and has embraced elements of development and transformation to realize prosperity
EECMY-DASSC aspires to promote sustainable human development that enhances people’s livelihoods and the natural environment based on Christian values.
- Preservation and promotion of Christian love and care for the humanity and the creation as a whole.
- Uphold stewardship, the highest standard of accountability, efficiency, competence, integrity and transparency in the provision of goods and services.
- Promotion of peaceful co-existence and collaborative action for development and social progress by different communities, groups and religious establishments.
- Safeguard of God-given freedom of human beings to live in peace, harmony and prosperity in our interventions.
- Building a hardworking, sharing and caring community.
- Promote shared interest with cooperating partners and other actors based on the principles of transparency, mutual respect and accountability.
- Cooperate when requested with any investigation into alleged breaches of relevant codes of conduct.
Area of work on Livelihoods Development Program
- Food Security and Emergency Relief
- Natural Resource Management, Climate Change and Renewable Energy
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Health/HIV/AIDS PCP
4.a. Operation of health institutions
4.b. community based health services
4.c. HIV/AIDS prevention, control, care and support services
- Education, Child and Youth
5.a. Formal and Non-formal Education
5.b. Special Needs Education and Rehabilitation of Disabilities
5.c. Child and Youth Care
- Gender and Development
6.a. Mainstreaming gender in development programs and projects
6.b. design and implement gender focused programs/projects
- Special Programs:
Reaching out to Indigenous Vulnerable Groups
Pastoralists and other traditional socioeconomic and cultural groups